NOTICE BOARD OF DODOMA REGION
Where to go:
Visit tourist attractions in Dodoma Region
- Visiting the parliament of Tanzania in Dodoma region
- Visiting the Kwamtoro village in Chemba district which is mostly dominated by Wasandawe people whose language is in the same family as some ethnic groups found in Namibia and south Africa.
- Visiting the Kondoa rock art sites. This site was nominated as a world heritage site in 2006 and is located in Kondoa District, Dodoma region. the sites spread over 2336 square kilometers on the eastern escarpment of the East African Rift Valley.
- Visiting the department of Antiquities in kolo
- Visiting the kolo sites which is closer to the main road, Arusha to Dodoma, and just 20km from kondoa town. kolo sites is the most popular among visitors and researchers.
The rock paintings are believed to be drawn by the sand awes and hadzabes, between 1500 and 800 years ago.
locals use some of the sites for religious purposes.
Historically, Dodoma was a stopover on the overland caravan route that travelled from the Swahili coast inland towards lake Tanganyika. Dodoma (literally “it has sunk”inGogo, one of the indigenous ethnicgroup of Dodoma region)